Yavanna

painting & drawing, digital media, video, VR
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Yavanna

Post by Lúthien » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 am

I created this image for another poem, not written by me but by Eryniel and Huanarmo - two friends from Australia who are also in the Parendili forum. It is also for Arjen Kiel's Ainulindalë project. Because i did not write it, I don't want to publish it before they would.
But I can publish this image though. It is after the description of Yavanna from the Silmarillion:
In reverence Yavanna is next to Varda among the Queens of the Valar. In the form of a woman she is tall, and robed in green; but at times she takes other shapes. Some there are who have seen her standing like a tree under heaven, crowned with the Sun; and from all its branches there spilled a
golden dew upon the barren earth, and it grew green with corn; but the roots of the tree were in the waters of Ulmo, and the winds of Manwë spoke in its leaves. Kementári, Queen of the Earth, she is surnamed in the Eldarin tongue.

Eruannlass
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Yavanna

Post by Eruannlass » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Suilad, Melleth ~

This is truly beautiful ~ Thanks for sharing it. If you do not mind, I'd like to use this image for the presentation I'll be giving to the pagan group soon.

Eruannlass
I Aear cân ven na mar ~ 'The Sea calls us Home.'

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
~ e e cummings

Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Re: Yavanna

Post by Lúthien » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:25 pm

That's fine, of course you can use it.
I have a higher resolution version if you want. Maybe there are some other Valar pictures that you could use?
I'll try and put them together someplace.