C. G. Jung and the Red Book: a series of 7 lectures (audio)

Lúthien
Captain
Captain

C. G. Jung and the Red Book: a series of 7 lectures (audio)

Post by Lúthien » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 am

C. G. Jung and the Red Book: "The Numinous Beginning, which Contained Everything"

Note by me (Lúthien): these lectures are quite specifically tailored towards an audience of clinical practitioners, while I am more interested in the purely spiritual aspects of Jung. Still, I found them very interesting.

Comment from http://www.gnosis.org/redbook/index.html
The second series of seven seminar evenings was presented by Lance Owens at Westminster College from September 2011 to May 2012. The seminar group was composed mostly of psychologists in clinical practice. This is a much more in-depth consideration and reading of the Red Book, and reflects an additional two years of his own deepening study of the text.

C. G. Jung has had a seminal influence over the last century on the elaboration of key psychological concepts and terminology; he remains a vital force in current therapeutic psychology. The empirical groundings of his work have however remained poorly understood even by practitioners who embrace his concept of the psyche and unconscious. Recent publication of Jung’s long-sequestered “Red Book” and disclosure of other material from his early private journals now provide a new and critically important perspective on the formative sources of his psychology.

In 1957, C. G. Jung stated that the imaginative and visionary events recorded in The Red Book: Liber Novus – which he began transcribing in 1914 – were the foundation to all his subsequent work:

My entire life consisted in elaborating what had burst forth from the unconscious and flooded me like an enigmatic stream.... Everything later was merely the outer classification, the scientific elaboration, and the integration into life. But the numinous beginning, which contained everything, was then.

The Red Book: Liber Novus provides the long-awaited primary evidence to the truth of those words. It now becomes apparent that Liber Novus is indeed the bedrock upon which any understanding of the life and work of C. G. Jung must be built. Its publication initiates a new era in Jungian studies.

In this series of seven evenings and fourteen lectures, we will examine Jung’s psychology in light of his own experience of the inner world of imagination, vision and dream as revealed in the Liber Novus, “the numinous beginning, which contained everything.” We will consider the Red Book in detail, and assess its influence on the development and evolution of a “Jungian psychology.”

Note: there is way more in-depth information about each lecture available on http://www.gnosis.org/redbook/index.html#Fall2011

1) C. G. Jung: The Puzzle of Story and History Part 1 Part 2

2) Liber Primus of Liber Novus: Seeking Visions in the Desert Part 1 Part 2

3) The Great Mystery: Individuation and Love Part 1 Part 2

4) Liber Secundus - Entering the Depths, Regenerating the God Part 1 Part 2

5) Liber Secundus: In the Eye of Evil Part 1 Part 2

6) The Hermeneutics of Hell Part 1 Part 2

7) Jung and Aion: Jung’s Vision of the Coming Age Part 1 Part 2