Morally problematic group behaviour

drcyd
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by drcyd »

As far as worshiping other humans, this I'd call "vainglory." The aeons in the Pleroma were to give glory only to the Father, never to themselves or to each other, nor were they to take another aeon's position to give glory to the Father from another's vantage point. The purpose of giving glory, as I interpret it, is that "glory" is a type of homing beacon to keep one's focus on the Father and the "onward and upward" direction.

I do get confused as to why Gnostic Christians or Gnostics in general don't attempt to separate out the God of this world--yahweh--from the Father in Heaven. When I give glory to "God", it is not yahweh or satan, but the Father of the Son and the Pleroma. What I call in my Simple Explanation book the ground state of consciousness.

http://asimpleexplanation.blogspot.com/ ... cious.html
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

Just trying to understand what you mean: I understand that the Gnostic myth says that Yahweh is not the same as “The father in heaven” and that many regular Christians don’t see that.

So far I get it. But how do you then conclude that “Gnostic Christians” do not see that difference either?
A! Elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!
drcyd
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by drcyd »

I think I was responding to something someone said on the subject. Maybe earlier in this thread. Don't remember why I wrote that.

I suppose Gnostic Christians would understand the difference because the Christ arises from the God above God, or the originating consciousness. The Bible identifies the "Father in Heaven" as Yahweh, but the Gnostics identify that one as an archon that was given this cosmos to rule as if it were God. That Yahweh God doesn't remember the Father Above because it comes from the Fall and was not in the Pleroma. The God above Yahweh/the Father is characterized by love; the Yahweh God is characterized by Dominion and Power. Do we agree on that?
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

Ah yes, that’s indeed the gist of the Gnostic mythos as I understand it :)
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

By the way, I just read the whole thread again. It seems the title doesn’t really cover the contents after the second post.

Now your post above makes more sense to me as well.
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

I moved the rest of this topic here because the title didn't cover the subject any longer - or actually, it hardly ever did.