including those referred to as 'spiritual' by those concerned
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Re: The Gospel of Thomas Group Project

Post by Lúthien » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:11 pm
Neither do I. Then again, if you have yet to have had an apotheosis you are way above the rank and file.
I don't understand that expression, I'm sorry :huh: (I'm not a native speaker, you see) - can you explain please?
A! Suilannon le - elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!

Gnostic Bishop
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Lúthien wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm
I tried to see your links and got, ---- You are not authorised to read this forum.

I have been glitched.
Regards, DL
Hi DL, no glitching involved. As you can see, the post you quoted was written over four years ago.
The links in there are to even older posts from our old board, and most of the members there are not active any more in the current incarnation of the board.
In order to respect their privacy I disabled access to those posts.

Incidentally, I'm afraid that you won't get an answer from Ginnie, as I haven't heard anything from her in the last three years.
A shame that.

I had not checked the dates on the link or post in question.

I will have to go wanting.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Mariner (New poster)

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Lúthien wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Neither do I. Then again, if you have yet to have had an apotheosis you are way above the rank and file.
I don't understand that expression, I'm sorry :huh: (I'm not a native speaker, you see) - can you explain please?
Apotheosis is a term given to those who experience enlightenment of true Gnosis. Some call it oneness or reaching that point of no thought. I found the oneness/universal consciousness but it was not a place of no thought.

I hope there are enough members her to make thing run.

Gnostics need a place for discourse on our creed.

Regards
DL

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:20 pm
I define ego as my consciousness. I carried it, so to speak, with me during my apotheosis so I do not think our egos can die or ever actually leave us. We might loose it under drugs but not really as we have it when coming out of drug intoxication. If they are the storage house of our perceptions, then when coming out of intoxication, we would have no memory of what we experienced while intoxicated of high.

Where do you store your perceptions or who you are if not your ego?
That depends very much upon the modalities of one's cognitive states, whether default or enhanced. In my case, I'm on the autism spectrum (various diagnoses from PDD-NOS to Asperger's Syndrome before it was folded into the general autism classification in the DSM-V) so even my default cognition is unlikely to be congruent to a neurotypical person's.

In my default state, I find my ego to be mostly useless and somewhat dangerous as it can lead me into trouble (there is a lot of vengeful cognition in my default state).

In Salvia-space, it simply doesn't exist at all. {NOTE: Normally, I would hotlink an unfamiliar term, but there aren't any online resources at present that I'm aware of the even badly define 'Salvia-space'. I will attempt to upload a PDF when I submit this post. Not written by myself; a found work.}

{Invalid file extension on attempted upload, using temporary file host: http://docdro.id/gb7kXQP}
I find few who admit to apotheosis.
I never claimed apotheosis. The quote you found was from a time (near the end of a time, actually) when we were getting quite a few self-described Neopagans joining looking for "Elven spellz, yo!!!" at the low end, to supposed 'Mages' either offering condescending advice or veiled threats at I suppose what they considered the "high end".

My quote was no different than a professional boxer making the assessment that he wouldn't have much trouble with an aggressive Joe Sixpack.

Anyway, that was some time ago. We haven't had such types for years.
What was your first perception when entering the mind of God, or would you even describe it as that?
I'm afraid you'll find my ideas about 'God' to be similar to atheists, with a major difference from some of them (such as Richard Dawkins) in that I am not certain the God exists -- or doesn't exist, for that matter. More importantly, I'm not interested. I'm pretty much a being of pure perception and will record those things first. Any analysis later is a combination of logic and shamanic perceptions in addition to regular sense perceptions.
Powerful in what way?

Are you talking mental or physical in a body healing way.
The main modalities I've actually used have been attack, defense, healing, and an enhancement of natural talents, such as making yourself difficult to notice if someone is looking for you (in a physical environment like a crowd, I mean). My daughter and I refer to it as "making yourself dim".

Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi Gnosic Bishop,
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Apotheosis is a term given to those who experience enlightenment of true Gnosis. Some call it oneness or reaching that point of no thought. I found the oneness/universal consciousness but it was not a place of no thought.
Ah thank you.
Well, I certainly experienced something - or, I’m still experiencing it, at least as soon as I can shut the noise from the outside world off enough to be able to sense it. It hs certainly been a life-changer.

But if that’s “true” gnosis - it’s a bit hard to tell. I think it was true enough but how can we ever know for sure that there isn’t something that is even much more true?

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

You can’t possibly imagine how much I agree with that. It is the only reason why I keep this board - this ship, as I see it (see the logo on top of the screen) afloat.

There are certainly enough members. The problem is that they don’t do much. It is supposedly a chicken and egg problem: people become active if there are other people active. So in effect many people just wait until somebody else starts posting.

And maybe many people simply don’t understand any of this. I still haven’t found out. Or well, I did find that most who initially seemed to “get it” oftentimes didn’t get it after all.
While I believe that anyone can “do gnosis”, in practice only a very few succeed.

In any case, it is good that you are posting. It will make it easier for the rest to get going, and if they do, more will follow.

So don’t give up please! I’m glad you came, and I mean that.
A! Suilannon le - elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!

Gnostic Bishop
Mariner (New poster)

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Meneldur Olvarion wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:20 pm
I define ego as my consciousness. I carried it, so to speak, with me during my apotheosis so I do not think our egos can die or ever actually leave us. We might loose it under drugs but not really as we have it when coming out of drug intoxication. If they are the storage house of our perceptions, then when coming out of intoxication, we would have no memory of what we experienced while intoxicated of high.

Where do you store your perceptions or who you are if not your ego?
That depends very much upon the modalities of one's cognitive states, whether default or enhanced. In my case, I'm on the autism spectrum (various diagnoses from PDD-NOS to Asperger's Syndrome before it was folded into the general autism classification in the DSM-V) so even my default cognition is unlikely to be congruent to a neurotypical person's.

In my default state, I find my ego to be mostly useless and somewhat dangerous as it can lead me into trouble (there is a lot of vengeful cognition in my default state).

In Salvia-space, it simply doesn't exist at all. {NOTE: Normally, I would hotlink an unfamiliar term, but there aren't any online resources at present that I'm aware of the even badly define 'Salvia-space'. I will attempt to upload a PDF when I submit this post. Not written by myself; a found work.}

{Invalid file extension on attempted upload, using temporary file host: http://docdro.id/gb7kXQP}
I find few who admit to apotheosis.
I never claimed apotheosis. The quote you found was from a time (near the end of a time, actually) when we were getting quite a few self-described Neopagans joining looking for "Elven spellz, yo!!!" at the low end, to supposed 'Mages' either offering condescending advice or veiled threats at I suppose what they considered the "high end".

My quote was no different than a professional boxer making the assessment that he wouldn't have much trouble with an aggressive Joe Sixpack.

Anyway, that was some time ago. We haven't had such types for years.
What was your first perception when entering the mind of God, or would you even describe it as that?
I'm afraid you'll find my ideas about 'God' to be similar to atheists, with a major difference from some of them (such as Richard Dawkins) in that I am not certain the God exists -- or doesn't exist, for that matter. More importantly, I'm not interested. I'm pretty much a being of pure perception and will record those things first. Any analysis later is a combination of logic and shamanic perceptions in addition to regular sense perceptions.
Powerful in what way?

Are you talking mental or physical in a body healing way.
The main modalities I've actually used have been attack, defense, healing, and an enhancement of natural talents, such as making yourself difficult to notice if someone is looking for you (in a physical environment like a crowd, I mean). My daughter and I refer to it as "making yourself dim".
Interesting Meneldur Olvarion. Thanks.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Mariner (New poster)

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Lúthien wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 pm
Hi Gnosic Bishop,
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Ah thank you.
Well, I certainly experienced something - or, I’m still experiencing it, at least as soon as I can shut the noise from the outside world off enough to be able to sense it. It hs certainly been a life-changer.

But if that’s “true” gnosis - it’s a bit hard to tell. I think it was true enough but how can we ever know for sure that there isn’t something that is even much more true?
We cannot know for sure and that is why we have made ourselves into perpetual seekers of the best laws and rules to live by, regardless of where we find them.
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

You can’t possibly imagine how much I agree with that. It is the only reason why I keep this board - this ship, as I see it (see the logo on top of the screen) afloat.

There are certainly enough members. The problem is that they don’t do much. It is supposedly a chicken and egg problem: people become active if there are other people active. So in effect many people just wait until somebody else starts posting.

And maybe many people simply don’t understand any of this. I still haven’t found out. Or well, I did find that most who initially seemed to “get it” oftentimes didn’t get it after all.
While I believe that anyone can “do gnosis”, in practice only a very few succeed.
Hence why most religions had both parables and simple stories and why they had a more intellectual analogy or real story for those who could follow the enlightenment.

In all religions, many are called but few reach enlightenment.

In any case, it is good that you are posting. It will make it easier for the rest to get going, and if they do, more will follow.

So don’t give up please! I’m glad you came, and I mean that.
I tend to try to do my bit.
Free thinkers are hard to organize as we tend not to have a need for such organizations but we need it is Gnostic Christianity is to live on as a viable religion.

We were destroyed because of the lack of an orgganizati9on that could resist of fight back against the Inquisitions.

Regards
DL