mrpasserby
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Re: Why 'The Central Myths'?

Post by mrpasserby » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 am

'
Übermensch wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:06 pm
’ Someone once said, the curse of the Gnostics is that they have eyes to see, and ears to hear.
The idea is to transcend religion, transcend to a higher level of consciousness, a higher reality. In doing so, we define our own meaning and values, in a similar fashion as Jung did and also the Gnostics. ‘

The following comments are based on experiential knowledge and are referring to Jung and Gnosticism only, any added references to anyone or anything else are coincidental to the original text. If any of my comments are Highlighted in bold within the non italicized text, that is the portion within a sentence or paragraph that I am referring to.
A spirit quest the mythical archetype of which is the #'wild hunt', is only possible to achieve by a person who has transcended, because the state required to go on a spirit quest has to my knowledge only been achieved by those who have risen above the normal frames of thought that occur in everyday life. The act(s) of initiation that are employed by a person or group have to all be pointed toward priming the pump as it were of the person with a pseudo form of ‘experiential knowledge’ to facilitate the person's transcendence to the point, where a spirit quest can be achieved by them, thus ‘achieving actual experiential knowledge’, and adding to your (Gnosis).
#Others, practitioners of various forms of magic, joined in it voluntarily, as an intangible part of them (a “soul,” if you like) flew with the cavalcade while their bodies lay in their beds as if sleeping normally. http://norse-mythology.org/the-wild-hunt/
Gnosis=knowledge of spiritual mysteries: Mage=magician or learned person: Initiate=admit into a society: Magic=science yet unknown
To all I read and enjoyed all of the posts here. This thread has Really added to my Gnosis Thanks" :-)
Disclaimer:All data and information provided by @Mrpasserby is information only.I say to all,if any parts of my information seems to go against traditions that you believe in then,disregard that information.A spirit quester has to kick his own asp. :huh:

mrpasserby
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Re: Why 'The Central Myths'?

Post by mrpasserby » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Übermensch wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:06 pm
'In both cases, experience or "transcendence" is the defining feature of each and, therefore, both can be considered a non-theistic humanism, of sorts, which place an emphasis on the personal experience of the individual.
The following comments are based on experiential knowledge and are referring to Jung and Gnosticism only, any added references to anyone or anything else are coincidental to the original text. If any of my comments are Highlighted in bold within the non italicized text, that is the portion within a sentence or paragraph that I am referring to.
A spirit quest the mythical archetype of which is the #'wild hunt', is only possible to achieve by a person who has transcended, because the state required to go on a spirit quest has to my knowledge only been achieved by those who have risen above the normal frames of thought that occur in everyday life. The act(s) of initiation that are employed by a person or group have to be all pointed toward priming the pump as it were of the person with a pseudo form of ‘experiential knowledge’ to facilitate the person's transcendence to the point, where a spirit quest can be achieved by them, thus ‘achieving actual experiential knowledge’.
#Others, practitioners of various forms of magic, joined in it voluntarily, as an intangible part of them (a “soul,” if you like) flew with the cavalcade while their bodies lay in their beds as if sleeping normally. http://norse-mythology.org/the-wild-hunt/
Gnosis=knowledge of spiritual mysteries: Mage=magician or learned person: Initiate=admit into a society: Magic=science yet unknown
Disclaimer:All data and information provided by @Mrpasserby is information only.I say to all,if any parts of my information seems to go against traditions that you believe in then,disregard that information.A spirit quester has to kick his own asp. :huh: