There is no easy way to tell it, but there's something you need to know...

This forum is meant as a place for Mildir to write about his experiences and insights
Mildir
Able Seaman (Veteran poster)
Able Seaman (<i>Veteran poster</i>)

Re: There is no easy way to tell it, but there's something you need to know...

Post by Mildir » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:18 pm

starwater wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:05 am
Speaking of interesting things - I learned of this forum interestingly as well. Several years ago, a friend had pointed out Calantirniel's website to me (Elven Path) and I eagerly signed up to it. Years went by, and I never heard anything more about it. Then, this year, on my birthday, I received something from them that included a lot of posts from a number of people. Someone had been working on a new site: temple of the Valar, and was inviting folks to explore. Someone else (Calantirniel, I believe) had put a calendar of Elven holidays together within the format of the Elven Wheel of the Year, and was promoting it, and there were posts from various people regarding it as well. Two of the names of those posting... Oh boy, to tell you why they were significant will take some time and perhaps I should save it for later. A third one was equally compelling and for the same reason, but what grabbed me there was not the name but the content.
As you may have noticed by now ( :blush2: ) I am not the most regular of posters. A good bit of time went by without my doing much more than wonder, and think I had asked around a little when in fact I had not. Then one day while I was working at my computer on something else, a page from a document I'd never seen before (it was called 'Quenya - the Ancient Tongue' and at the top it said 'Appendix: Examples of Quenya Nouns Fully Inflected') showed up on my computer screen out of the blue. I have no idea how this happened but I was thrilled to have it and saved all 36 pages of the whole thing (not just the appendix) to my documents. I also took it as a reminder, so I went back to ask a friend something I thought I had asked her already, found her as mystified as me, plucked up my courage, and wrote to the one name who had included an email with (I believed it was her but it was really his) post. This person turned out to be Mildir, and after corresponding for a very short time, he directed me here. So we have him to thank or curse, as the case may be [...] for my presence here.
When someone has - inside themselves - something so beatiful as the capability to see a world beyond ours, that someone is always alone (or it is very difficult for them to find like-minded people).
I wish Forums like this could help people like you - Starwater - and me, to overcome this "fate" that goes against us.
They certainly have the potential to be a start...
And that is also why I'll always recommend this Forum to someone who might have to tell interesting and wonderful things about other worlds (i.e.: worlds different from ours in essence, not just outwardly).

Lúthien: I believe gnosis is - or may be - a gift.
Especially the kind of gnosis that led you to sharing images of Valinor, of Meríithiel and of Nost-na-Lothion in Gondolin...
I would like to know if, in your opinion and in Starwater's, it is possible and it is right to use the capability to see different worlds to make our world (the primary world) a better place, one little step after time.

(We wouldn't be here if it weren't for the world we live in, we wouldn't be capable of imagining or discovering things inside us. So, why not use the things we find inside us to try to prevent the world from running towards its end?)
starwater wrote:
- I hope I don't turn out to be too wordy -
Personally, I am interested in reading everything you will decide to share here, no matter if it looks wordy...
After all, wasn't J.R.R. Tolkien wordy himself, many times? :D
That didn't mean he wasn't an interesting guy! :D
starwater wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm
This may sound odd, but I feel that even those who have been labeled insane may have some valuable perceptions to share.
This is extremely saila... :)
:D
Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil. (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:52 pm

starwater wrote:
I admit to being curious about what was interesting to Mildir about the timing of his account's being activated...
As far as I am concerned this was just a matter of me being rather pre-occupied with other things, so that I had neglected my duties tending to the forum somewhat ... sorry :blush2:
A! Elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!

starwater
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by starwater » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Hello everyone. I'm looking for ways to share some things... I'm talking a lot about myself too, but that is only because certain aspects of my life experience, as a frame enhances a picture, will enhance the things I want to share. Mildir's experience, while being quite different from mine, takes a good crack at expressing something very difficult to express:

"What happened is that I met a woman, as a child, and this woman wasn't like any woman you could normally see on earth.
Her external and internal beauty went (and goes) far beyond the reach of human imagination..."

"She already knew about my memories, she already knew everything and, in the beginning, this drove me almost crazy..."

"And, well, I know I may have just said something ridiculous but... if you had just seen them, it wouldn't be difficult to consider it to be something as real as any thing you know. They were literally angels.
A friend of mine, whose name was Andrea, saw Lada on one occasion: she has been an obsession for this person ever since that moment. I'll always remember my friend's words: "I saw an angel, a real angel, and something tells me that I'll never see anything even remotely similar again. But I will always want to. I'll never stop trying to meet her again"..."

I know this and refer back to what is said here because an aspect of my life I would like to share partakes of an element or two found here.

There is an energetic presence connected with my life which I have been aware of since early childhood, far too rarely and intermittently for my tastes. Like Mildir's friend Andrea, each brief contact only served to make me hungrier for more. I experienced it most strongly while studying a language in high school. At that time, I was bombarded with imagery, and the desire to find this person "drove me almost crazy..." Quite literally.

One person (someone who channels a lot) described it as an angelic presence. Another (who worked regularly with a group of us for several years - oh but that was fun!) said this presence is a triune being (masculine, feminine, and neuter), a flute-player, a shaman, and a shape-shifter. though the energies I perceive are masculine indeed. They are rich with the energy of eagle and of hawk (I'm wondering is he one of the hawks of Manwe), and in a dream once I flew alongside him as a hawk myself.

So deeply did I feel it and so desperately did I want this energy to make landfall and express as a physical and not merely an energetic presence who would stick around, I wrote this poem:

''The moon is high.
Her silver fingers creep through the night,
encircling my heart.
She took my heart,
and she taught me to fly
on the wings of the night...

On the wings of the night
you rose
above the canyons of my heart,
singing -
a brush-winged bird,
a bright dream.
You gave me a song of heat and light
and you wrapped it around me
in a world beyond sight.
On the wings of our song,
we flew through the sun.
But in your eyes there shone
a clearer light,
more beautiful than golden flight,
and I loved you.

What a cruel trick that it should fade away,
like moonlight in the morning!'

This presence is not gone. But contact is limited now to something very brief on occasional moments when I start on some new thing or another in my life. I think we have both learned that it's better that way.

We live in interesting times. Something big is happening. Perspectives limit and affect the way we grasp things, but if we all share what we know, and respect one another's divergent understanding of things, we could learn a lot.

And yes, my obsession with seeking to understand this presence did have an impact on those things I will be sharing.
Live the life you have imagined.

starwater
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by starwater » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Lúthien wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:52 pm
starwater wrote:
I admit to being curious about what was interesting to Mildir about the timing of his account's being activated...
As far as I am concerned this was just a matter of me being rather pre-occupied with other things, so that I had neglected my duties tending to the forum somewhat ... sorry :blush2:
Yes, but in the grand scheme of things, who knows? Your first opportunity to attend to these things may have been unavailable until some day or time that was quite significant to Mildir in some unknown way (like me not getting any response from Elven Path until the morning of my birthday) ;)
Live the life you have imagined.

Mildir

Post by Mildir » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

A bank wanted to auction the house where what is left of my family used to live.
Not because of me, but because of debts which another person - who, sadly, was the owner of that house - had incurred.
They gave us an ultimatum: we should leave the house, we had few months of time to do it.
In that period of time I tried to register.
After some months I and my family had to leave the house: we had risked to be beggared, but, at the very last moment, we succeeded in finding a house in which to rent.
When we left our house, Lúthien noticed my registration request and answered... :D

A short time before, a spectacular atmospheric phenomenon was seen in the skies of northern Italy, where I live:

I and other lightbringers knew that it wasn't just the ordinary climate: it was due to the thoughts of a great spirit projected in the sky.
This spirit we have always identified as a Maia who comes from Valinor.
We all knew this spirit was great, powerful, and could do wonderful things.
We've never got to know why this entity has wanted to change the sky of half a nation at that very moment, when I and my family were about to leave.
There are only suppositions.
And then Lúthien answered... :D

In the same period of time the other calacholiellen suddenly stopped writing to me via email: they went dark, making me understand that something big had happened and that I was no longer safe.
They continued to speak to me through the mind, through subtle whispers, but they had officially gone dark.
And then Lúthien answered... :D

So many things had happened just before Lúthien answered...
Coincidence?
Destiny?
Maybe one day we will know it. :)
Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil. (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Mildir

Post by Mildir » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm

And I'm totally uninterested in convincing others that that was not the ordinary climate, because I don't need to believe this, I've had the unique opportunity to know this. But it is not through me (directly) that any of you - I think - will have the same opportunity.
So, please, don't try to convince me that it was just the climate of the world: we do not have - at hand - proof that what I told is true and we do not have proof that what you may think is true (science does not say that Maiar cannot exist or do things like this. Earthly science simply doesn't reach the truth about them, whatever it is).

I spoke about it just to explain something to Starwater, I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. :)

P.S.: Please forgive my persistence in saying things like the ones above. Many people told me: "You can't say to anyone you know something until you are able to provide evidence for it".
I kept telling them: "I want to suggest that it (that thing) may be real. And I want to reinforce my suggestion by saying - when it is true - that I saw it. That I know it. This way, some people may wonder how one can see/know such a thing and this may lead them - one day - to discover the same thing. Which is, in my opinion, the most powerful and significant evidence"