Note to all members
We are currently preparing to change the setup of this forum to focus more on imaginative & creative gnosticism, because we feel we should distance ourselves from the way thegodabovegod.com is increasingly aligning itself with conspiracy thinking.
We respect Miguel's choice of course, but that does not mean that we agree with it. We feel that conspiracy thinking is contrary to gnosis. It's simply not where we want to go.

If anyone is interested to continue a forum affiliated to thegodabovegod.com I am willing to help. Maybe you could start using the relevant part of this forum as a basis. Please contact me (Lúthien) if you are interested.

We've not yet fully decided on how to proceed; but I think that we should in any case cut the link with thegodabovegod.com (including the page there that links to the forum). We will also re-structure the forum, and put the old Ilsaluntë Valion board that focuses on Tolkienian gnosis up front again.
I will update this message as soon as there is something new to say.

Exploring other dimensions: Emidranathor

This forum is meant as a place for Mildir to write about his experiences and insights
Mildir
Able Seaman (Veteran poster)
Able Seaman (<i>Veteran poster</i>)

Exploring other dimensions: Emidranathor

Post by Mildir » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 pm

I have almost only talked about Eldar so far (at least in this section of the forum), because I was afraid that the data concerning my encounters with people who claimed they were Eldar might get lost.
I felt it was important that there be a safe place where those data could be kept, and I will never be able to thank Lúthien enough for making this space available for such purpose.

However, you still know little about me, about who I am and what sometimes has been happening to me…
It just occurred to me that telling you a bit more about it may help some of you understand my nature and mindset.

You may remember I told you I was born with memories from other lives, or at least there was a wide range of images, echoes of voices and even scientific notions in my mind at the age of 5-6.
I cried because I missed my wife when I was 6, which few do, I believe.
That sort of things.
But coming to the point: some of the “echoes” in my mind were about me learning all about dimensions (that’s the term I’ve always used. What do I mean? Well, other people call them “universes”, there are some who refer to them as “strings”).
I didn’t know whether what I’d been learning - according to those “inner echoes” - was true or not, and that’s not the point of this topic.
But some of the notions struck me: for example, that there are several kinds of dimension.
Some can be physical, some can be immaterial… and some are oneiric.
It means that they are places where things exist and move and act autonomously, but you can reach those places ONLY when you dream during sleep.
There is absolutely no other way and that’s why they are called oneiric dimensions (if there were other ways to enter them they wouldn’t be referred to as such, according to the echoes).

Later on, approximately at the age of 14, something happened to me which made me believe I was visiting an oneiric dimension.
You have to know I’ve always had this ability… I can almost always decide what to do and where to go in a dream, I don’t know why.
Others are simply driven by the dream, I - in most cases - can control it, if I wish.
So what happened is that, in a dream, I was fleeing from someone and I needed to find a place to hide. It was night. I entered a building and ran through its many corridors until I reached the basement. In the basement I found a narrow corridor which led to the most astonishing place: an endless network of colossal desert halls and corridors immersed in deep darkness. As an environment, it seemed to have been abandoned for thousands of years, yet there was something modern to it: the floor of the halls was sprinkled with debris and, lo and behold, metal shafts.
What struck me the most was anyway something different: that place was alive, it was sentient, I clearly felt it.
The darkness that permeated it was a living darkness: I could sense its intelligence.
Later on, in another dream, I happened to find what I believe was a secret entrance to the same place: it was a trapdoor.
When I opened it darkness came out like steam: if I looked inside all I saw was black, but I sensed the intelligence of that black and I knew that that was an entrance to the network of tenebrous halls (as it then proved to be when I sneaked in).
I discovered that, although that darkness would have terrified any normal person, it didn’t scare me: it was as if I was familiar with it.
In another dream the world was about to be submerged by the highest of waves - probably a tsunami - and I had to bring my parents to safety.
Instinctively I thought of the network of halls - something told me it was the safest of places and water wouldn’t reach us there - and I led them there.
I followed the instinct and I found another entrance to the place: a door in a train station. But they were afraid!
As soon as I opened the door and the “living” darkness came out like steam they looked terrified.
I, on the other hand, wasn’t: it was like a familiar place for me.
Year after year, during my life, dream after dream, I learnt to know this place.
It was always the same, in EVERY SINGLE dream: the huge soundless halls, the corridors, the sentient darkness, me not being afraid of it all.
What kept changing was only the way I accessed it: it varied from dream to dream.

Eventually it became very interesting: I learnt how to communicate with that place.
I discovered that there were some specific rooms… that just weren’t rooms: they were beings.
They communicated through the water dripping of their walls, that was their “voice”.
And I listened to it, for hours - or at least I thought so in the dreams.
And I understood: their stories were full of suffering, weeping… complex feelings I couldn’t fully understand, such as “deep peace in pain” or “deep satisfaction in boredom”.
I started to explore the place - every time I had the chance to enter it - and I discovered fascinating things: there were beings even more complex than those.
Some were made of abandoned emotions: some traveler or explorer had passed - who knows how many millennia before - and a feeling of them had been trapped in a corridor.
It had happened again and again, until a lump of feelings had been formed.
Mysterious intelligences had then chosen this lump as their body: emotions were their muscles, their flesh.
They weren’t THEM, but they used them the way we use a body.
Sadly, many of them were partly evil: I could sense that they would have taken delight in scaring an incautious traveler to death.
But a very strange thing happened: when they came across me, they “looked” (“felt” actually) bored and they mostly went away.
This kept happening, until one night - in another dream in which I had accessed this network of halls - an entity talked to me and made me understand the possible reasons of that behavior.
“You are a Valinorean?” it asked me (not by voice).
“Yes, I think so” I think was my reply “Am I disturbing you?”
“We never could scare you, play with your minds. Boring little things. Boring. Little” was its reply.
I would discover many even more interesting things in this place, but this is a story for another time.

At the age of 20, I believe, I… well… “remembered” that in previous lives I used to know this place as an oneiric dimension.
No one had given it a name, but the Faryel.
The Faryel, that small people living not far from the Valinor of my memories, the people who - according to the memories - had given birth to legends about fairies here in our planet.
In their language this place was called Emidranathor, “Place of the hidden terror” (I think one of the words for “terror” is “drana” in their tongue. “Emidrana” should mean “Hidden or shrouded terror”).
And the reason why I used to know this place was that I was an explorer of dimensions.

I think another interesting thing that the “inner echoes” revealed to me is that Emidranathor is as wide as a large state.
A network of “subterranean” halls and passages as wide as Texas, which can only be accessed through dreams.
Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil. (J.R.R. Tolkien)

wornout
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Re: Exploring other dimensions: Emidranathor

Post by wornout » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:17 am

Mildir,

Thank you very much in sharing your very personal experiences.

In keeping this short and simple as possible, I’m new to this forum and have been a reader of Tolkien’s books, a very long time ago. So all of the terminology, I have to brush up on.

I just finished reading this book, “The Astral City” which may help expand upon your understanding to your own personal experiences. http://www.oconsolador.com.br/linkfixo/ ... alCity.pdf

In this book, the term “The Lower Zones” may be related to “Emidranathor” or “Place of the hidden terror”.

I just thought that I would share this with you for I’m seeking the truth also. :D

Mildir

Post by Mildir » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:09 pm

wornout wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:17 am
I just finished reading this book, “The Astral City” which may help expand upon your understanding to your own personal experiences. http://www.oconsolador.com.br/linkfixo/ ... alCity.pdf
A very insightful work, maybe I'll get to finish it too (I just began reading, for now) :)
In keeping this short and simple as possible, I’m new to this forum and have been a reader of Tolkien’s books, a very long time ago. So all of the terminology, I have to brush up on.
Eldar is a plural (singular: Elda), it means "High Elves" or "Elves who went to Valinor (and lived there for a time or habitually live there)" in the stories by Tolkien.
Valinor is the name of the land of the Valar, the Tolkien equivalents of the figures called "Gods" by ancient cultures, such as the Vikings or the Celts (but they are not "Gods" in a strict sense, they are more of powerful entities who offer guidance).
Again, Valar is a plural (singular: Vala, meaning "Entity of Might").
I just thought that I would share this with you for I’m seeking the truth also. :D
It's a never-ending trek, isn't it? S)
(That's why I believe most truth-seekers are or were also mountain goers: there's a taste similar to that of seeking the truth in climbing through woods)
Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil. (J.R.R. Tolkien)

wornout
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by wornout » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:31 pm

Hope that you do get to finish it. :)

Thanks for helping me to brush up on the terminology. :D

Yes we are climbing mountains on our trek in life. :sweat:

How things in Italy for you in regards to this virus? It's getting crazy here!

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:31 pm

Mildir wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 pm
But some of the notions struck me: for example, that there are several kinds of dimension.

Some can be physical, some can be immaterial… and some are oneiric.
Interesting, among the entheogens, Salvia Divinorum is the one of the few that is classified as an 'oneirogen'. (Calea zacatechichi is also so classified, but it is not of much power (this is from personal experience), the African entheogen Silene undulata, OTOH, is powerful (also from personal experience).)

RE: Past Lives: Apparently, I'm one of those odd ones who has had no past existences of any sort, and it is my shamanic intuition that when I die, there won't by anything after either, except disintegration. "Like the swift flight of a sparrow through the mead-hall where you sit at supper in winter, with your Ealdormen and thanes. [...] The sparrow, flying in at one door and immediately out at another, whilst he is within, is safe from the wintry tempest, but after a short space of fair weather, he immediately vanishes out of your sight, passing from winter to winter again." [link] I'm fine with that, but the concept seems to freak a lot of other people out.

Mildir

Post by Mildir » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Meneldur Olvarion wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:31 pm
Interesting, among the entheogens, Salvia Divinorum is the one of the few that is classified as an 'oneirogen'. (Calea zacatechichi is also so classified, but it is not of much power (this is from personal experience), the African entheogen Silene undulata, OTOH, is powerful (also from personal experience).)
This reminds me of a Marvel film I watched: Black Panther :D
It appears that the king of Wakanda employed an entheogen too...

I'm fine with that, but the concept seems to freak a lot of other people out.
It doesn't freak me out, it bothers me: I want to see all the universe and I know I won't make it if given one life only... :blush2:

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Mildir wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:01 pm
[...] This reminds me of a Marvel film I watched: Black Panther :D
It appears that the king of Wakanda employed an entheogen too...
Yeah I remember that. That was a good movie.