More moving things around

The topics from the Virtual Alexandria forum are now merged with the main forum.
This came with more moving things around. Sorry if this causes any confusion: I promise this will settle down soon!

Still, nothing should be missing. As always, please let me know if you miss anything and I'll try and fix it.

Oh yes, and HAPPY 2021! :)

The Night Song

Poetical expressions of facets of the spirit of Ilsaluntë Valion
Forum rules
Keep in mind that everything posted in this sub-forum is visible for the outside world
Eruannlass
Navigator
Navigator

The Night Song

Post by Eruannlass »

The Night Song
The Sun has passed into the still night.
Lay down your head, and then you shall be
in the land of blue dreaming
beneath the wide Sea.
Your body embraces the way of this flight.
Let yourself drift into sweet reverie,
on the Moon-covered shores
beside the wide Sea.
Above you shine your Kindred's twinkling soul-lights.
They whisper to you of all that can be,
when you travel the paths
beyond the wide Sea.
Rowan was singing this to me this morning.  I thought it was really beautiful, and wrote it down so I could share it with you here.  I actually think it's an enchantment/spell as well as a song. 

Eruannlass
I Aear cân ven na mar ~ 'The Sea calls us Home.'

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
~ e e cummings
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Re: The Night Song

Post by Meneldur Olvarion »

Wow, I like this chant/poem.

I must have missed it the day you posted it, as I have been reinstalling my linux system (many times actually -- there were some unforeseen problems with conflicting libraries).  I just saw it now as a Yahoo spider was indexing it.

Thanks for posting this.

///Dave
[...] “That yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes...”
 -- Finrod Felagund, "Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth"
Ellenar
Plank Holder
Plank Holder

Post by Ellenar »

Very beautiful, Eruannlass.  For some reason, it reminds me of  the palaces of the feaerie folk, which are said to be hidden beneath the sea.  Once, I had dreamt that I had entered one of these undersea palaces.  This song reminds, a great deal, of that dream. 
"The time of Moonsheen has passed. The noontide of the dominion of Men is waning. Soon will come the era of Starshine. And the ages will partake of both; the grace of Moonsheen and the glory of the Days of the Sun" -Mormeril
Eruannlass
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Eruannlass »

Suilad Aikanar and Ellenar,

Glad you guys like it/ were reminded of good things because of it...
The reason I think it's got some spell like quality is because while I was going writing down the verses, (I had to work with Rowan to get them right, since I was listening to him the first time through...)  I was starting to fall asleep, and he was out completely by the time I was finished.  Must have a stronger effect on Eldarin guides that on us mere mortals...

Eruannlass

I Aear cân ven na mar ~ 'The Sea calls us Home.'

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
~ e e cummings