More moving things around

The topics from the Virtual Alexandria forum are now merged with the main forum.
This came with more moving things around. Sorry if this causes any confusion: I promise this will settle down soon!

Still, nothing should be missing. As always, please let me know if you miss anything and I'll try and fix it.

Oh yes, and HAPPY 2021! :)

Also

Poetical expressions of facets of the spirit of Ilsaluntë Valion
Forum rules
Keep in mind that everything posted in this sub-forum is visible for the outside world
Tatharlin
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Also

Post by Tatharlin »

I've been searching on Amazon and keeping my eye out.. but if anyone hears of a complete collection of Tolkien's poetry out there or being published, please let me know.  I think it would be fabulous to have one :)
Lomelindo
Able Seaman (Veteran poster)
Able Seaman (<i>Veteran poster</i>)

Re: Also

Post by Lomelindo »

Look up a book called the "Tolkien Reader".  It has alot of poetry including alot of poetry to do with Tom Bombadil.  I think you'd like it.

Lomelindo
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” - Haldir

“We’re not in decent places.” Gollum
Tatharlin
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by Tatharlin »

Oh I do have that.  I was looking for something more complete, with the poems from all of his volumes and otherwise.

But thank you :)
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Meneldur Olvarion »

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is one.

I did some extensive searches, but didn't find any Tolkien poetry collections, other than what has already been mentioned.

Seems odd that one hasn't been published, but then JRRT was looked down upon by the literati for a long time (who knows why -- as if their works are paragons of excellence ;)).

///Dave
[...] “That yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes...”
 -- Finrod Felagund, "Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth"