a change of roles

General information about Ilsaluntë Valion
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

a change of roles

Post by Lúthien » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 am

As some of you know, Eruannlass is having a bit of a rough time lately.
We talked about it, and one of the things that came up is that the captain role is too much for her at the moment.

We decided that the best thing to do right now is to avoid additional stress factors, like feeling obliged to handle new member submissions etcetera.
Dave is fine with sharing these tasks between us, but does not want to be in a formal captain role anymore. So we settled on this:

Eruannlass - Navigator
Meneldur (Dave) - First Mate
myself - Captain

- at least for the time being. We can consider it again if the situation changes.

Apart from those titles, nothing will change with regards to the forum; but I hope it will make Eruannlass feel better.
As always, if you've any questions feel free to ask.
A! Suilannon le - elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!

Calantirniel
Honored Guest
Honored Guest

Re: a change of roles

Post by Calantirniel » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Thank you for the update! I do hope things stabilize for Erunannlass and in the meantime, you are all doing a heck of a job here! I hope to finally get grounded myself after 2 years without Ray and 1 year with no real "home" (I just got a new desk, which has given me a remarkable grounding with computers and such)!
Calantirniel, Envinyanis Lotelenolë
Tië eldalieva, the Elven Spiritual Path
http://www.elvenspirituality.com
http://astroherbalist.com

Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh but where do you live then?

Eruannlass
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Eruannlass » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Suilad ~

*sighs* I must have missed this when you made the original post, Luthien. I was right on the cusp of a further downward spiral back in September, and it was full~blown by the middle of October. So I am coming in this late in the game to say that I'm in support of this arrangement. That I have been unaware of the change means that I was still trying to act as Captain, as my signing on new member welcome posts implies, but that was due to my overlooking this post when originally made.

So to officially chime in, yes, I'll continue as Navigator, and if you need me to send a greeting to someone/activate an account, that's no problem, but yes, the way things are going right now, it's not realistic for me to 'do the Captain thing' and that will continue for a considerable length of time. I can go into more detail later, and most likely in a private forum or via email.

So I want to say that I appreciate the readjustment to make things easier on me, and I can actually already feel a bit of a lightening because of it, and have a sense of the concern behind it, even if I am responding several months after the fact.

So thanks from Rowan and I. We both appreciate it. :console:

Eruannlass
I Aear cân ven na mar ~ 'The Sea calls us Home.'

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
~ e e cummings

Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:44 am

Just do as you feel fit: you have done the mails as well in the last couple of months.
Maybe it's easiest just to let me know if you pick it up and vice versa.

Calantirniel
Honored Guest
Honored Guest

Post by Calantirniel » Sat May 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Luthien - In case that question was directed to me rather than Eruanlass - I now live in San Diego once again, after more than a decade in Western Montana which is almost 1300 miles north. I am much warmer now too! :-)
Calantirniel, Envinyanis Lotelenolë
Tië eldalieva, the Elven Spiritual Path
http://www.elvenspirituality.com
http://astroherbalist.com