Interesting debunking web site

as long as it's about gnosis
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Interesting debunking web site

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I have not heard of the movie which inspired the author to create this site, but I am very familiar with the sort of illogical, conclusion-jumping, "airy-fairy-floaty" thinking he describes here, as -- for some reason I never been able to fathom -- the name 'Tolkien' seems to bring these sorts of people teeming out of the woodwork.

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article "Thrive as Holy Scripture: The Emerging Religion of “Conspirituality” is particularly amusing (and vexing) to me personally, as it is in line with my own observations. Which, expressed succinctly, are that the need for spirituality/unseen connection seems to have neurological component(s), so if a culture loses a common spiritual focus (as most modern Western cultures have), yet the neurological mechanism is still active, and given a mythologically deprived environment, you tend to get "Grey-alien gods" {the GIGO factor}.

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Interesting debunking web site

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

"Texas Fertilizer Plant Blown Up By Missile? That wins the Craziest Conspiracy Theory of the Week Award. "

The guy who posits it was a nuke is the real mind-blower.

Clearly, these people are not only scientifically illiterate, but they are, also, totally divorced from reason.

{Not that the Admin of this channel is exactly, as my dad would put it, "shot in the head with brains", with his New World Order Conspiracy memes. This does seem to be the only way that most Americans can actually 'think' any more, however.}

///Dave