John V. Panella

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Re: John V. Panella

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm

wornout wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:10 pm
[...] My question back at you is this. How do these “indexers” become “Registered users” without being a live human being and going through the process of becoming a registered users?
It's likely an option in the forum software, i.e., "Do you want this forum indexed or not? [Yes] [No]" You'd have to ask Luthien for the details, as she set this forum up, but most forum software packages have that option.
Are you telling me that it’s okay for these a.i. bots to act like real people and obtain the approval from the forum administrator to become a registered user? It appears to be 1984 in the extreme wouldn’t you agree?
Most forums that allow indexing also have a whole tree of permissions for each user. Bots have read-only access, and then only for what is readable by non-registered users anyway. Again, that's all controlled by the permissions system.
p.s. Right now as I'm typing my reply there is a new indexer , "Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSN [Bot], wornout" :s :hmm:
That's just telling you what it's indexing. If you logout, most likely you'll be able to read your post anyway. If not, then it's whatever is allowed for bots in the permissions system. Again, this is common bot behavior on forums. It's probably event-driven: "Is there a new post, if so, then index what I'm allowed to index."

wornout
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

Post by wornout » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 am

Hi Meneldur,

Sorry, I didn't respond on this before but things have been going on here with all of the ups and downs like this craziness of the corona virus fear tactic.

Re: Paranoia, Yes, it does come in many forms.
I would say that this “woman” who attacked you on FB and “wished death and torture upon” your family is either possessed, a troll or a “billionaire” that really hates your guts or anybody like you for making such a statement. I wouldn’t say that it was paranoia but pure hate.

As far as your statement of “America deserves a good nuking”, the USA only deserves it for blindly following ‘evil’ leaders in the past and allowing such horrible weapons to be developed in the first place. I want the bad leaders of all countries to be brought to justice plus the ones behind the scenes which include the millionaires, billionaires, and on up.

I would agree that “Moderns in general” are “being odd as f**k” for the masses have been dumb down by all of the programming i.e. pep rallies used at any event to whip them up into irrational thinking and then they go off doing extreme illogical things.

Yep, all that “woman” had to do if she didn’t like what you stated was ‘change the channel’.

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Meneldur Olvarion » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:42 pm

wornout wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 am
[...] As far as your statement of “America deserves a good nuking”, the USA only deserves it for blindly following ‘evil’ leaders in the past and allowing such horrible weapons to be developed in the first place. I want the bad leaders of all countries to be brought to justice plus the ones behind the scenes which include the millionaires, billionaires, and on up.
I have to fully agree with you there.
I would agree that “Moderns in general” are “being odd as f**k” for the masses have been dumb down by all of the programming i.e. pep rallies used at any event to whip them up into irrational thinking and then they go off doing extreme illogical things.
Yeah! The oddest most recent illogical behavior is the whole "hoarding toilet paper" thing. I lived in Costa Rica for 5 years, and most of the campesinos (poor folk) used wash cloths that they would just re-wash, which I'm sure would strike most First Worlders with pure disgust and horror, but it was a lot more sustainable!