John V. Panella

YuriTom
Mariner (New poster)
Mariner (<i>New poster</i>)

John V. Panella

Post by YuriTom »

A mysterious reclusive author, John V. Panella, who refuses all interviews and payment/donations, has released since 2012 8 books, most importantly The Divine Secret Garden, a series of 4 available free on his site and as spoken files on Youtube. Especially the first of the series, The Forbidden Knowledge, should be read if you are only going to read one of his books. It will be a visceral impact to any student of classical Gnosticism. Concerning his background and inspiration, he only says,

"All work here is by result of decades of personal research, study, and mostly spiritual discernment"

His writing is erudite and very, very profound, Most striking of all, he seems a completely sincere and convinced contemporary Gnostic voice. I have been unable to find any discussion of John Panella or his books on this web site, so if any readers of his stuff are hovering about, please weigh in on this topic, as he deserves to be better known.

Thanx!
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Re: John V. Panella

Post by Lúthien »

Thanks, that is something to look into!
A! Elin velui, dîn dolog, aduial lúthad!
wornout
Sailor (Regular poster)
Sailor (<i>Regular poster</i>)

Post by wornout »

Hey YuriTom,

Yes, I've read all his free books and articles while they were available. You've to become an member of his "forum" to be able to get them anymore. His books & articles are very insightful.

The reason that he is reclusive is that he can not speak well due to health issues. I know this due to a personal email to me in which he told me this.

He is seems very sincere in his writings & it did move me very much even to the point of becoming a member in his forum recently, but after I did without warning was shown to the door.

I will expound upon this if you are interested.
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

Please do, I am definitely interested.
I haven’t yet gotten around to reading anything by Mr. Panella, there’s so much to read! I’m currently working my way through two of Owen Barfield’s books.

Could you recommend anything by way of introduction, something online maybe?
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Meneldur Olvarion »

I second Luthien's request, as I am interested also.
wornout
Sailor (Regular poster)

Post by wornout »

Hi,

Yes, I do agree there is a lot to read in this world! There are quite a few books that I just haven’t gotten
around to read.

This is the link that Mr. John V. Panella use to provide his books free:

https://www.johnvpanella.com/tdsg-access.html

He stopped providing his books for free just recently and the only way is through his forum after
becoming a member. He did this because he is led by the Father within to do it. There maybe others
out there that have posted his books in their websites but I don’t know of them.

Since you both are interested for more information here is the forum that I was a guest first then
became a member after their invite to do so.

You do not have to login to read the posts and you do have the option as a guest to post something if
you want to.

This is the link for the end of my posts under guest Jeff_Y:

https://tribunilapulapu.freeforums.net/ ... lla-update

Do scroll nearly to the end and read the last two posts which are pertaining to me.

Here’s the other link where there is a lot more posts about this issue.

https://tribunilapulapu.freeforums.net/ ... te-re-post

Here’s the link that Mr. John V. Panella put out for which his readers were to read and follow the
instructions to get to his forum.

https://www.johnvpanella.com/

Here is the link to Mr. John V. Panella’s forum which it appearance has changed a number of times
after I got kicked out, even though I was very polite to everyone. All I did was share an experience
with a fellow member, a moderator and the executive administrator jumped in before the moderator
could even respond to my post. Please refer to my second link above for further details.

https://www.johnvpanella.com/Temple-Outer-Courts/

He has change the rules ever further by eliminating this very recently “Be wise as a Serpent &
Harmless as a Dove” which was listed under, “Rules and procedures”.

These were the rules that everyone agreed to including myself before becoming a member.

He even changed the definition of a forum to a school while I was there. He has changed it back to a
forum now. Please click on the “Rules” in the red bar and read this for yourself.

I’ll ask you this, how can anybody keep the rules, if the definitions & the rules are changing all the
time?

I did not come to this forum to vent, but to share information and let the readers decide for
themselves.

p.s. An afterthought, here's the main folder of this forum with many sub-topics & views by others about Mr. Panella and his books other than mine.

https://tribunilapulapu.freeforums.net/ ... ook-series

Feb. 19, 2020
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Thanks!
wornout
Sailor (Regular poster)

Post by wornout »

Hi and Your welcome.

I was in the other forum's site and found that you can download Mr. Panella's books from each separate folder by title of each book.
Books 1 through 8
https://tribunilapulapu.freeforums.net/ ... ook-series
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

Hello Wornout,

Well, I had a look around in that forum and the other links you gave ... but I don’t know; this mr Panella acts a bit weird, if you’d ask me.

Regardless of what he wrote, I don’t think that anyone should present themselves as a guru handing down “how it all really works” to the followers.

It also struck me that Miguel has been having quite a number of guests in the past year or two that are more conspiracy thinkers than anything else. I’m not saying that mr Panella is one of those, but not everything he has a show about is of the same quality as it once was.

Will continue tomorrow - bedtime for me.
wornout
Sailor (Regular poster)

Post by wornout »

Hi Luthien,

Yep, you could perceive that he’s” a bit weird”, if you don’t understand his background. He came out of the World Wide Church of God which was led by Herbert W. Armstrong until he died. My wife and I were members for about 4 years during the early ‘80s. We left after hearing a sermon at a feast site in Belgium when a minister from the pulpit said that it “was dangerous to study the bible on your own”. That event was the” icing on the cake” which caused us to leave and never again be part of organized religion.

As far as he being a “guru”, he still puts it upon the readers of his books to not accept his word upon any given subject but to be led by the Father within to discern the truth of the matter. This is his way out of taking any responsibility for what he has written about.

My main issue is the way I got treated by his executive administrator and himself and was given the boot and to this day I truly don’t know if I even offended his moderator.

If you have maintained a watchful eye upon his forum site, without trying to login & become a member, it appears to me that he & the others have barricaded themselves in with the attitude that” it’s us against the world”. I do know this that it is not right to try to claim that everything within his forum is his private property by trying to use copyright laws. The members posts are their property not his, which include mine, now I do not have access to them.

Well enough for now.

Oh, who is “Miguel” as far as having “guests” and “conspiracy thinkers”?

Panella does give his views in regards to conspiracies but maybe not by using that term.
Lúthien
Captain
Captain

Post by Lúthien »

Hello Wornout,

I don’t know if he *is* weird, but he certainly *acts-* weird. Or maybe “paranoid” is a better word.

As you say, the behaviour on that forum is strange, even rude.
The only reason that I can think of now that might fit the facts is that mr. Panella might be having some, well, issues that manifest like paranoia (whether that’s caused by some psychiatric issue, stress or something else is anyone’s guess) - and also, that he seems to have a quite peculiar circle of followers who might or might not be directly instructed by him to throw out forum members for “trespassing”.

If a psychiatric breakdown is indeed the root cause of the changes you have seen, then “trespassing” might be anything up to spelling errors, use of certain phrases, being critical, just asking questions, or maybe because your alias begins with the letter W. People can be weird, and paranoid people are even much weirder.

But what I wonder about, is that how you describe mr. Panella doesn’t exactly sound like you agree with everything he says, and the way he conducts himself. If he’s really paranoid, than that alone is enough reason in his eyes for expelling you from the forum - but why would you care?
Other than that it’s strange, of course; but I can imagine that there are better ways to spend your time than trying to argue with someone who’s paranoid and his followers.

I find the fact that Mr. Panella has circle of followers around him a warning sign (that says “beware”).
I wouldn’t trust anyone who has “followers” who obediently swallow everything they say. I would avoid them and keep a healthy distance.

People who really have something worthwhile to say aren’t usually “followed” and if they are, they should always encourage their disciples (for lack of a better word) to think for themselves and be critical toward everything they say.

Re. Miguel: he’s the guy who operates thegodabovegod.com, to which this forum is (still) loosely coupled.
Most of our members come via that route, so I assumed you knew who he was - but apparently you arrived here via a different route?
That’s interesting, and good to know, too.
wornout
Sailor (Regular poster)

Post by wornout »

Hi Luthien,
Yes, I do believe that you may have nailed it by using “paranoid” in reference to Mr. Panella & his
followers. Even though he stresses so much in his books that fears leads to the dark side and not the
light side “love”, his actions of late are out of extreme fear “paranoia” though his latest posts for
public viewing state otherwise.

Yep, I would say that I did somehow “step on his toes” and created a “trespass” in his mind & his
followers’ minds.

You state, “But what I wonder about, is that how you describe mr. Panella doesn’t exactly sound like
you agree with everything he says, and the way he conducts himself”.

I do not agree with everything that he has written or the way he has recently reacted to me. I have
never agreed in total with anyone for as I have grown over the years I have come to realize that I’ve
had an inner sense within me that has been right, but if I veered off course from it, I did suffer. I have
learned to give anyone a chance to see my point of view and over time I may come to realize that
theirs may be better. Patience with each other is key.

You did ask me, “but why would you care?” Because I still feel a connection and I just would like to try
to wake him up and make him realize that he is acting out of fear and that I was never out to get him.

You say, “I wouldn’t trust anyone who has “followers” who obediently swallow everything they say. I
would avoid them and keep a healthy distance.”

I do agree. History speaks in volumes describing how people have been so misled by being followers
of others, whether being subjects to kings or citizens in republics, being groupies idolizing actors or
athletes, and members of organized religions. I have also learned by first hand experience, not to get
caught in all of the hoopla of life and always try to see behind the veil to try to find out the real
motives of an individual or group.

You say, “ People who really have something worthwhile to say aren’t usually “followed” and if they
are, they should always encourage their disciples (for lack of a better word) to think for themselves
and be critical toward everything they say.”

Well, Mr. Panella did exactly that in his books, articles and personal emails that is why it took me by
surprise when I got given the boot out of his forum.

Question, did you actually become a member in Mr. Panella’s forum at
https://www.johnvpanella.com/Temple-Outer-Courts/
for you to state,” the behaviour on that forum is strange, even rude”?

In regards to Miguel, I’ll have to check out his site when I get a chance. How I arrived at this forum
was putting in John V Panella in a number of search engines looking for others, who had express an
interest in him or was upset with him. My purpose at the time was to try to post something out on
the world stage to let others know of my disappointment in a man, who I had come to respect from
his writings.

p.s. Another question since your are "Captain", Who or what are "Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]"?
They are not in the Members list.
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

wornout wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:55 pm
[...] p.s. Another question since your are "Captain", Who or what are "Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]"?
They are not in the Members list.
Those are indexers from the main search engines that periodically index this forum. That was how your "John V Panella" search(es) got a hit on this site.
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Paranoia - It comes in many forms and guises. About a week or so back, some crazy woman on Lisa's new T-e Facebook group wished death and torture upon my wife and child because I had said - on my personal Facebook wall, mind you, not in group - that the best fate for billionaires who didn't contribute to their society would be to be shot in the head.

Apparently, this made me at least several orders of magnitude worse than Hitler, or so I had to presume, since the word 'evil' was in all caps at each occurrence, of which there were at least four. It's funny, as Luthien has seen worse statements of mine, such as: "America deserves a good nuking". Now, why someone would go 'stalking' a Facebook profile of someone they were only introduced to a few days earlier, I have no idea. Unless, in this case, paranoia was admixed with a sort of Messianic complex.

It does, though, add more raw data to my basic idea that Moderns in general, and especially those who join online 'causes' with fervor, have a non-trivial probability of being odd as f**k. We had a few of those in the earlier days of this forum, but (luckily) not quite to that degree. In any case, as I said to Lisa: "If people are offended by statements on my FB wall, then the best course of action would be for them to look away (first) and then block me (second). Problem solved!"

{NOTE to wornout: 'Lisa' is the person with whom I founded the first Tolkien-spirituality group back in 2005, of which this group was the second iteration.}
wornout
Sailor (Regular poster)

Post by wornout »

Hey Meneldur,

You did answer my question by stating that “Those are indexers from the main search engines that periodically index this forum. That was how your "John V Panella" search(es) got a hit on this site.”

My question back at you is this. How do these “indexers” become “Registered users” without being a live human being and going through the process of becoming a registered users?

Are you telling me that it’s okay for these a.i. bots to act like real people and obtain the approval from the forum administrator to become a registered user? It appears to be 1984 in the extreme wouldn’t you agree?

p.s. Right now as I'm typing my reply there is a new indexer , "Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSN [Bot], wornout" :s :hmm: