Peeks in other times: my experiences

This forum is meant as a place for Mildir to write about his experiences and insights
Forum rules
Keep in mind that everything posted in this sub-forum is visible for the outside world
Mildir
Able Seaman (Veteran poster)
Able Seaman (<i>Veteran poster</i>)

Peeks in other times: my experiences

Post by Mildir »

When I lived in Valinor (assuming that my memories about a past life there are true: I admit that, although my heart speaks clearly about their nature, and although they are countless, they could be something not true but, for example, put in my mind by someone) I was renowned for being an explorer.
I had explored different places of Amar (our world) and of the cosmos by physically reaching them and other places by going there through the mind (especially after becoming a dimension explorer, in the most adult phase of my life. There are dimensions, such as the oneiric ones, impossible to access physically).
But the experience I’d like to tell you about this time is even more interesting than that (and I’m glad to be telling you, for once, about something I myself did): I “peeked” into other times.
Please do not ask me how it worked, as it’s something I completely forgot.
I only know that it was possible to see, by means of one’s mind, exactly what was happening in a certain moment of the past.
I am also somewhat sure that the same thing wouldn’t have been possible if the moment had been in the future, but this is another story…
By the way: no entheogen was involved, I’m also sure about this.

So, I mainly remember three short visions, and each one was a vision of the past of Amar.
The first one, which is maybe the least interesting, was a vision of Medieval Italy.
I was interested in seeing what the Middle Ages really looked like, so I decided to “peek”
and I was somehow “disappointed”: I found myself staring at two sentries stiffly standing on the top of a stone tower (this was isolated, it must have been a lookout post).
The top of the tower was like a roof sundeck and they were just staying there, a halberd in each one’s hand.
Their armor was very impressive to see, yes, they each had a surcoat that looked made of fish scales and black-sheathed swords hung from their belts… but they didn’t say anything for an hour!
I remember remaining there, like an invisible ghost, trying to catch details of their faces: they looked tanned and above all STERN like almost nothing I had seen before.
By looking at them, one felt that if a normal person had arrived and had asked them something they’d have surely replied with a smack on the snout.
I was particularly disappointed because I’d have liked to hear some Latin, but not only did they remain silent like statues… the whole world around them seemed to be permeated by silence.
What’s more, there was something in their behavior which made me really feel I had just peeked into a much more silent age than mine, like an age where people spoke less… and acted more! 

The second and the third visions were set… in what we call the Campanian Age, during the Cretaceous!
Oh yes, I wanted to see dinosaurs, but only one of my visions was really “fulfilling”.
The first one: MUD!!!
A lake of mud in the middle of some forest, with broken branches and other things floating in it… and a creature immersed in it up to the neck!
The being was completely covered in mud, looking dark-brown and black and even yellowish in some small parts.
It looked like it was doing something normal and I had the impression that staying in the lake was a way to hide from predators.
The details I could discern were few: it seemed to have a horn on the back top of its head and maybe it had a beak, but it could have been a mouth.
The creature raised its head and emitted the most creepy hiss I’d ever heard: low-toned but sharp, it made me think “this is not an animal’s voice, it’s something only a snake would emit!”.
The hiss was repeated, making it clear that it was how the creature’s voice normally sounded like.
Which impressed me very much, because I was used to things like howling, growls or roars…
And instead I kept hearing something like “kkkkkkkkkkhhhhhh”.

The second one: in this vision I had a short glimpse of the sky.
Another sky, I promise you!
The very air looked orange, or yellowish and orange, and there was a startling detail: although it was clearly around midday - there was light everywhere - the sun looked low: it was definitely not placed as high as it is during midday hours today!
Before even being able to ask myself something I seemed to see brown earth and dust raised from it… then I saw two creatures fighting: one of them was grey, its skin was similar to that of a rhinoceros, as well as its whole structure (four big paws, bulky torso…).
The other one I couldn’t see very well, although I’m sure it was partly similar.
The first dinosaur also had a beak (a bit like that of some parrots), very large, very strong.
It was as if one of the two creatures was charging the other, trying to attack its side… but the dinosaur turned its head towards the aggressor, opened its beak and emitted something…
It was one of the most impressive things I ever saw: I expected a sound to come out of the beak, but it was more like a repeated explosion of air.
The air seemed to ripple, forming those that looked like, well, “arrowheads”, and every time that one of these “arrowheads of air” came out there was a sort of explosion.
But the most impressive part was this: the series of “arrowheads” hit the aggressor and made it overturn on its right side.
End of the vision.
Still today I can’t figure out what it was that the creature had been hit by (and if I learnt it in Valinor I really don’t remember).
Air?
Sound?
I can only say it was something powerful and “resembling air” and that it was used as a means of defence.

Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil. (J.R.R. Tolkien)
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Peeks in other times: my experiences

Post by Meneldur Olvarion »

Mildr in Facebook PM wrote: Were they similar to it? Is there something that you can confirm or understood better? (I never fully understood what I saw).

I'll go through them one by one and give you my impressions:
Mildir wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 pm [...] I found myself staring at two sentries stiffly standing on the top of a stone tower (this was isolated, it must have been a lookout post).
The top of the tower was like a roof sundeck and they were just staying there, a halberd in each one’s hand.
Their armor was very impressive to see, yes, they each had a surcoat that looked made of fish scales and black-sheathed swords hung from their belts… but they didn’t say anything for an hour!
I remember remaining there, like an invisible ghost, trying to catch details of their faces: they looked tanned and above all STERN like almost nothing I had seen before.
By looking at them, one felt that if a normal person had arrived and had asked them something they’d have surely replied with a smack on the snout.
I was particularly disappointed because I’d have liked to hear some Latin, but not only did they remain silent like statues… the whole world around them seemed to be permeated by silence.
What’s more, there was something in their behavior which made me really feel I had just peeked into a much more silent age than mine, like an age where people spoke less… and acted more!

The closest I can come to this is that I did once have a Vision of Federico da Montefeltro and his compound in Urbino. It must have been sometime in the early 1450's as he didn't have a functioning right eye and top part of his nose when I saw him. At first, I had no idea who this was and spoke about him to my wife, who has both art and early Renaissance knowledge - to me he was just a "battle-wounded mercenary". How did I know he was a mercenary (or that's the closest modern English word I can come up with)? Well, in Salvia Visions I can often get a partial idea of what's going through the mind of the person under observation in a combined "visual image and direct non-linguistic underlying meaning" data-stream. He seemed to be considering a prior battle he was in at the behest of someone else and how the tactics might apply to one he was considering joining in the near future (from his POV, of course).

When the Vision opened, I got a good look at some of the roof tiles, as I descended from above right through them. I remember them as being significantly overlapped, which surprised me. That is to say, something like this: [link], although not with added pigments (as far as I could detect).

He had guards around his compound and they didn't seem to engage in idle chit-chat. When they did speak, I could partially understand them given some words in common with Spanish, but they didn't sound like the Italian presented on Duolingo - they seemed to have an 'accent' compared to Duolingo or perhaps more of what are now archaic words, I can't say for certain, given my limited knowledge of the language. But in any case, they didn't act like Moderns with their attentions captured by mobile devices.

Your second Vision (which you termed first, after your Medieval one) and even more in your third reminds me of an enhancement of what Tigers do emitting infrasonic pulses to paralyze their prey [link]. I don't know if this has ever been researched, but it likely happened: there are many instances of parallel evolution separated by both time and distance. The look of the sky and sun position reminds me of the Earth's Archaic age [link] before the impact of a large planetoid which formed the Moon and caused the Earth's axial tilt (which is what allows the seasons) [link], but the time is off as this didn't happen in the Cretaceous, but long before in the very early history of Earth. The yellow/orange air reminds me of the dusty air of the 'Great Dying', but could also have been caused by the impact event that ended the Cretaceous era [link]. This wouldn't affect axial tilt much, but your place of observation could have been in what is now the arctic circle, which at the time had a different climate [link].

These are the things I can extract from your Vision at this time.
Mildir

Post by Mildir »

Meneldur Olvarion wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:26 am
Mildr in Facebook PM wrote: Were they similar to it? Is there something that you can confirm or understood better? (I never fully understood what I saw).

I'll go through them one by one and give you my impressions:
Mildir wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 pm [...] I found myself staring at two sentries stiffly standing on the top of a stone tower (this was isolated, it must have been a lookout post).

The closest I can come to this is that I did once have a Vision of Federico da Montefeltro and his compound in Urbino. It must have been sometime in the early 1450's as he didn't have a functioning right eye and top part of his nose when I saw him. At first, I had no idea who this was and spoke about him to my wife, who has both art and early Renaissance knowledge - to me he was just a "battle-wounded mercenary". How did I know he was a mercenary (or that's the closest modern English word I can come up with)? Well, in Salvia Visions I can often get a partial idea of what's going through the mind of the person under observation in a combined "visual image and direct non-linguistic underlying meaning" data-stream.

You mean you extract data directly from the mind of those you observe? 
Interesting, this never happened in my visions, partly because these "journeys" in the past were a bit a "do-it-yourself" experiment, partly because, if I remember well, I was not "really" there (Lúthien would say it wasn't "factual"), I couldn't have communicated mentally to the couple of sentries.
Honestly, it's a bit hard to imagine that "being really there" is even possible at all, since one could end up changing the entire course of history with a  blink... or with a strong emotion, at least, if this affects the mind of someone in the past...

It's also interesting you visited the same century in which America was "discovered".
Europe must have been a bubbling cauldron back then, with fellows (at least secretly) thinking of waging war in every corner: I wonder what would have happened if more space for everyone hadn't cropped up.
America was certainly a big distraction from the contemporary schemes and plots...

Your second Vision (which you termed first, after your Medieval one) and even more in your third reminds me of an enhancement of what Tigers do emitting infrasonic pulses to paralyze their prey [link]. I don't know if this has ever been researched,

If creatures of the Cretaceous had indeed had similar abilities, how could our scientists detect them from their remains?
I don't think we have the instruments, right now...
I mean, we just arrived here and it's not even well proved...
Also: you spoke of "paralyzing", and it could make sense. But what I saw was more similar to someone hit by something. In my eyes, when I try to focus on the memory, the reptile clearly falls because it is thrust, it's just that there is nothing thrusting it except those strange "ripples" in the air.
I'm sure that with our technology one could "fire" pure air at somebody and make them fall.
The question is if an animal can have such a system integrated in their body.
The needed pressure might require a creature to be the size of a hot-air balloon...  :(
UNLESS this happens: they might have a skin so thick (like rhinos) as to allow the existence of empty areas of high pressure.
Ok, I'm done with theories!  :D :D ​​​​​​​

there are many instances of parallel evolution separated by both time and distance.

Yeah, it's what I thought as well.
The look of the sky and sun position reminds me of the Earth's Archaic age [link] before the impact of a large planetoid which formed the Moon and caused the Earth's axial tilt (which is what allows the seasons) [link], but the time is off

What I can say is that these aren't even visions, but memories of visions, so it is possible that the second vision was in truth two visions (one immediately followed by the other) in two different points in time.
I just remember that at least one of them was in the Campanian Age.
Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil. (J.R.R. Tolkien)
Mildir

Post by Mildir »

So I was wandering in the kitchen, thinking of how absurd my theories about dinosaurs shooting air might be, when a picture similar to this took shape in my mind:

(Now I just can't help continuously thinking of burping dinosaurs...  :D $) )
Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Mildir wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:03 pm [...] You mean you extract data directly from the mind of those you observe?
I don't; the Salvia-people do. I tap into the data-stream. I've heard this sort of thing described by other entheogenic shamans as being "a hollow reed through which the Will of the spirits flow". Perhaps it is more comprehensible in those terms.

If creatures of the Cretaceous had indeed had similar abilities, how could our scientists detect them from their remains?
The technique is similar to determining what an extinct animal sounded like by comparing similar extant larynxal structures [link]. All such techniques are probabilistic, not exact.

Re: seeing a columnar flow of a fluid (air, in this case): you can certainly see that sort of thing in water with an MHD accelerator. Air is just a less dense fluid. Toroidal rings, for example, can rather easily be produced with air (the smoke is just there to make the rings easier to see):

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/la ... -launcher/

You can definitely feel one of these hit you - I speak from personal experience.

In any case, the method of generation doesn't matter so long as the 'beam' can be columnated for a sufficient distance. Generally speaking, biological systems tend to find ways to do things if it's advantageous in an evolutionary manner.
Mildir

Post by Mildir »

I must go over the last message at length, but there was one thought I wanted to immediately share:
Meneldur Olvarion wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:00 pm Generally speaking, biological systems tend to find ways to do things if it's advantageous in an evolutionary manner.

I heard about this rule of nature many times, so I agree that a herbivore able to fire some air makes little sense because it's not a real evolutionary advantage.
But I often happen to see, in nature, things that look like "inklings", still incomplete and evolving into something more.
For example, the horn of the montanoceratops doesn't look like something really useful, something that makes the difference:

But the horn of more advanced species of the same suborder (ceratopsia) does make a difference if a herbivore is attacked and therefore shows that features were evolving.
So my conclusion is that I might have seen an "inkling-feature" that was meant to become something really useful against predators or, say, competing males.  :)

Meneldur Olvarion
First Mate
First Mate

Mildir wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Meneldur Olvarion wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:00 pm Generally speaking, biological systems tend to find ways to do things if it's advantageous in an evolutionary manner.

I heard about this rule of nature many times, so I agree that a herbivore able to fire some air makes little sense because it's not a real evolutionary advantage.

That isn't exactly what I meant. An 'evolutionary advantage' can often start at the level of the cell or even of a molecular signal, and thus be non-obvious and (in these cases) mostly refractory to discovery using current technologies if we are speaking of recovering data from many-million year-old fossils. It's just my way of saying "life finds a way", which I guess is the more common expression. Sometimes the manner in which life finds a way can be surprising. [examples]